cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reindexing a document without the required keyword(s)

Kathy_Ganswindt
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hi there - I have a question that is a little funky:*I'm trying to move documents from an old document repository to Director. *From the old doc repository, we've created DIPs that hold multiple different doctypes *In director, each of these different doctypes have unique keyword requirements*On commit, we send the documents into a workflow.*The workflow uses auto-fill to diagnose if a document will move into a different doctype than what it was originally assigned.So here's the crux: If auto-fill cannot fill a required keyword, the document cannot be re-indexed. Ultimately, this is what I'd like to happen:*If auto-fill can't fill in a required keyword, I'd like the document to be moved into a different doctype. Is this possible? If so, how would one recommend going about it? Thanks so much for all of the help! I can't wait to hear everybody's ideas!
3 REPLIES 3

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

[quote user="Kathy Ganswindt"]*If auto-fill can't fill in a required keyword, I'd like the document to be moved into a different doctype. Is this possible?

Kathy,

You'd simply set a rule to evaluate whether the auto-fill keywords were populated with data, if they were blank then the auto-fill failed, based upon this rule you'd set an action to "Set Document Type" to a different document type.

I don't know what "Director" is so can't really comment on that.

Cheers,
Seth 

Seth -

FYI: One of our OEM partners markets OnBase as part of their 'Director' suite of software. There are many end users out there who use 'Director' and have no idea that they are actually using 'OnBase'. So in this case, you can read 'Director' as 'OnBase'.

Nathan

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Nathan,

Good to know!  Thanks!

Seth