cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Ghost" database connections

Leon_Bazil
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello - I have a wierd problem.  In trying to restore our database on our test system, it complained that there were active connections.  Being the test system, the developers and I thought we were all logged out of the system.  But, when I went to the OnBase client, looked in Admin, User, Current Users, it showed 2 connections by one of our developers from two different machines.  The developer went back, and made sure there were no OnBase sessions running on either machine - but it still showed active in my OnBase client.  I still could not restore.  I stopped SQL Server, and then restarted SQL Server.  I then went back into the OnBase client, and the developer still had 2 active sessions.  I then shutdown on of the machines, and still - it showed there was an active connection from that machine that was no longer running.  I started trying to figure out a way to disconnect active sessions via SQL Server, and it appeared there were no active sessions and I was able to restore.  However, when I went back into the OnBase client - there were still active sessions from the developer's two machines and this time, it showed 3 sessions - 2 active in config from the same machine at different times, and a 3rd from the 2nd machine.

Let me also explain that trying to clear the connection from OnBase client does not work.  Any idea what is going on?  It appears we have ghost database connections.  Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheryl O

3 REPLIES 3

Danielle_Durda
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Maybe try an IIS reset?  We have an issue with sticky licenses in our build, so we do an IIS reset every night to clear the sessions that are stuck.  Not sure if this is the same thing that you're seeing here, but worth a shot.

Leon_Bazil
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Thanks Danielle - we tried that.  But the connections still show up as using a license and still connected.  I even rebooted the database and web servers. The connection still shows up.  Very wierd....

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Cheryl.

If you have tried to remove those connections through an Application Server AppPool recycle and closing out of the Client then it is possible that those rows in the database will not clear up without cleaning them up in the database.  My recommendation is to contact your first line of support to further investigate the issue.

Take care.