cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Database Engine

Ashley_Simmers
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Currently on OnBase 20 we are given the only option in Publishing for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express Edition. I understand that this will no longer be supported this year. When will the Database Engine be updated for Publishing?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

I have some great news.  Authoring, Export, and Publishing are now compatible with Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express!

See Authoring, Export & Publishing Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express

Cheers!

~Alan

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashely and Valentine,

Here is some further information from Product Management:

The Hyland Authoring, Export, and Publishing module will still work exactly the same after Microsoft sunsets SQL Server 2012. This module does not need SQL Server 2012 to be hosted externally, which discounts future external security vulnerabilities.

Thanks,

~Alan

Tonya_Ruff
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am also affected by this on our installation. We have remote devices that use the exports and need it to support updated versions for security. I'm sure this will be identified as a vulnerability. 

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ashley Simmers, @Valentine Tokarczyk and @Tonya Ruff,

The best next step in resolving this compatibility issue would be for one of you to create an Enhancement Request on the Hyland Community Idea's Portal.   Once an Idea is posted, all of you and all other customers with access to our community can vote in favor of your Idea, then the Hyland Product Development team will review the Idea for potential inclusion in a later release of the OnBase Platform. 

Thanks!

~Alan

Valentine_Toka1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

https://community.hyland.com/ideas/idea/83783-hyland-publishing-export-module-update-it-s-not-availa...

Hi everyone!!!

I created the Idea.  Please add to the idea if you have more concerns on no changes occurring as we continue to use the software.

Thanks,
Val

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

I have some great news.  Authoring, Export, and Publishing are now compatible with Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express!

See Authoring, Export & Publishing Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express

Cheers!

~Alan

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.