cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing Database Engine

Ashley_Simmers
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Currently on OnBase 20 we are given the only option in Publishing for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express Edition. I understand that this will no longer be supported this year. When will the Database Engine be updated for Publishing?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

I have some great news.  Authoring, Export, and Publishing are now compatible with Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express!

See Authoring, Export & Publishing Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express

Cheers!

~Alan

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Valentine_Toka1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am also interested.   I was just pinged by security last week about this very topic and reached out to FLOS. 

The SQL database 2012 express being EOL and EOS.   This is causing a concern's about vulnerabilities on a workstation that would use the tool.  Is there other SQL Express Databases support?   2016,2017 or 2019?

aboucher
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashley and Valentine,

Unfortunately, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express Edition is the only supported version for publishing.

To be clear, Authoring, Export, and Publishing use SQL Server 2012 separately from OnBase, so your OnBase database and any other databases can be the latest SQL Server version.

There are no current plans to make Authoring, Export, and Publishing compatible with newer versions of SQL Server.

Kind Regards,

~Alan

Hi Alan,

Yes, I understand that the Onbase solution supports many db versions.  I am on 2017/2019 and I see no problems.

I did check the Publishing MRG for EP4 and I see Sql Express 2012 is the only supported database.  This brings up a concern for me.  Our security team is considering this a vulnerability since there would be no continued support for the database.  Our FLOS is also looking into this.

I would like to ask what is the support for SQL express 2012 when it will no longer be supported by Microsoft.  If Hyland is still offering this as a solution (EP4).  Then I think there has to be some consideration for updating the install.   I do not want to be in front of a problem when FLOS and Hyland will not be able to solve this.  

Remember, I am asking for the install to be updated for our customers that receive a cd/dvd with installation instructions based on SQL 2012 express.  Our customers IT support will have the same questions about this being EOS-July 2022.  

I am not sure how many of your customers use this module.  However, with the momentum of being with the latest versions.  I would like to be ready for all problems and I do not want to tell a customer sorry this is no longer being supported.

Sorry to be a pain.

Valentine

Valentine, 

I agree completely as my customers are concerned about it  being considered a vulnerability as far as a security standpoint. Yes SQL 2012 Express will continue to function after July 2022 but that it needs to be replaced so that they aren't reported for security violations with auditors. 

Ashley

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.