cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privileges issue for REST API that returns keywords for a docID

ybxdde
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I'm able to call this endpoint in our lower environment, but receive 403 Forbidden in production.  What would be the reason for this issue, the service account I use when obtaining the Bearer token is set up exactly the same in both environments.  Not sure where else to look.

http://*****/ApiServer/onbase/core/documents/332579984/keywords

403 Forbidden - No privileges to view keywords for document ID 332579984

10 REPLIES 10

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Diane Estes ,

You mention a Service account.  Are you using an OnBase user account marked as a Service Account, or are you using a general OnBase user account?

Thanks.

Adam,

They are Onbase service level accounts (non AD user accounts)

Thanks, Diane

Hi @Diane Estes ,

To be clear, there are differences between an OnBase user account configured as a Service account and one that is configured as a standard account (any standard account can be mapped to AD).  It is not possible to login with the REST API using an OnBase user account configured as a Service account.  You'll encounter this error message ...

Hyland.Core.AuthenticationException: Unable to log on with user 'SERVICE' to data source 'observer'. Please check users service account status.

Authentication would fail, so I'm assuming that you are using a standard OnBase user account.

Since you are getting a 403 error, can you confirm if any of the Keyword Types associated with the Document Type are configured as HIDDEN or READONLY?  Also, can you confirm if the user account you are using to login has access to the "Access Restricted Keyword" User Group privilege?  If not, can you try granting the privilege?  Does that resolve the issue?

Yes some of the keywords are hidden.  The admin just checked and the user account I'm using has full rights.