Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platter Management error

Greg_Garvin
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We have 45 image files in a volume.

Only 6 are returned when we attempt a document retieval...the rest do not.

They are in the same volume folder...with the same NTFS permissions

I tried to do a force promote..get this error message

:Unable to creat ID file  Function-> AddToIDFile (3) : -6 [13] 64.67.67.16.

Can anyone point in a possible direction?

3 REPLIES 3

Thomas_Nowakows
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Greg,

A good idea would be to involve your first line of support to assist you with troubleshooting your issue.  Several things can cause a failed promote.  Many times the issue is permissions.  Does the user running the force promote have "modify" permissions to the Disk Group location?  Is the failed retrieval via the web client or the OnBase client?  If it is the client, is it one workstation or all users?  Does your system use Distributed Disk Services?  The Proc-Mon utility can help diagnose Disk Group issues as it can point to what is failing.  Is your file server out of space?  Knowing the answer to these questions will help your first line of support to help you resolve this issue.

Gabriel_Rios
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Did you get this error resolved? I just migrated the repository to another disk drive and renamed the drive the drive letter before. Users are able to scan and work just get the error you described every once in a while.

Ryan_Hamre
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

"Critical Platter Management Error. Call Tech support." (Why everything is capitalized except "support" i do not know...)

"Unable to create ID File. Function -> AddToIdFile. (3): -6[13] 79.77.16.

We ran into this in our environment.

Currently we have DDS and NTFS pretty locked down.  For the NTFS permissions, the DDS user needs "Full Permissions" to the file system of the volume, including all files and folders, and the volume's share permissions needs read/write. I went in to the properties of the highest level volume folder, selected security, selected advanced, and then I clicked the "Change Permissions..." button. Selected our DDS user and clicked "Edit...". I changed the permissions as needed, clicked OK, checked the box at the bottom that says "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object", clicked "OK", "OK", and then "OK". Tested the import and it worked.

This is a file system permissions issue, and as such when it is resolved the OnBase Client will be able to write what is necessary to the filesystem with no restart of the Client required.