cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing document properties to a user form (non-Unity)

Mark_Rogers4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

This is an odd request.  Using an ad hoc task, I want to show the current doc type group and doc type on a user form.  How would I do that?  I'm thinking of getting the info via the automation api, saving it in keywords, and passing it to the html, but that seems convoluted.

2 REPLIES 2

Mark_Rogers4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Can I include calls to the automation api within the html?

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Mer,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. For what you are trying to do, I believe it will become involved in what you need to accomplish. There is no way to execute Automation API directly from within an HTML, and in order to get Document Type and Document Type Group information, you may need to call out to a custom application (possibly a web service or a DLL) via a JavaScript, and within this custom application is where you can use an API to retrieve the information you need.

If your question is still relavent or requires further assitance, please do not hesitate to repost your question or contact your first line of support team.

If this post is not updated within 2 weeks it will be considered closed.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.