Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Integration 2010 License

Iyon_Zenebe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi

Is Outlook Integration license per seat or concurrent?

Thank you,

Eyob

6 REPLIES 6

James_Kohan1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Eyob,

Yes, you would install the Outlook Integration on those 50 users' systems (either manually or via a Click-Once Installer), and they would be able to import emails / attachments, import and upload other content from disk (or perhaps even a scanner), access document retrieval, run custom queries, access folders, access Workflow, etc.  

When demoing our Outlook capabilities, I typically refer to it as the "Outlook client" and state if you are a 'consumer' of OnBase content (meaning you are not doing bulk scanning or indexing) you can handle most OnBase functionality right from your MS Outlook application.

As your users are interacting with OnBase content via their Outlook application, they will be consuming those OnBase User and/or OnBase Workflow licenses (the same licenses that they are presumably consuming right now in whatever OnBase client they are currently using).

Jim

Hi James, 

I am wondering if you are able to give me some specifics on how the concurrent licenses are consumed. 

- Is a concurrent license only consumed when a user logs into OnBase via Outlook? I am assuming this is the case and a concurrent license is not consumed as soon as they launch Outlook with the plug in enabled if not logged into OnBase. 

- OR is the license only consumed after logging in and then navigating to a specific context of the integration?

- Is the concurrent license consumed as soon as they log in and not released until they log out, or close Outlook? 

I am assuming, and please correct me if I am wrong, that as soon as the user logs in, the concurrent license is consumed, regardless of whether or not they are actually doing anything in OnBase. Also, I am assuming it is not released until they either log out via the integration, or close Outlook. 

Again, please clarify any misunderstandings on my part! 

Thanks!