Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSEG Community Conversation #2 - OnBase Documentation

Adam_Levine
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello, OSEG members!

Your Board of Directors has been hard at work in the past month to work on putting together content and exploring subjects with our Hyland representatives that are relevant to our group.  A subject which came up in our recent meetings with Hyland leadership was documentation.  We're about to dive in to some deeper conversations about what the community would like to see (in terms of improvement) and I'd love the opportunity to pass on stories from our membership to help drive those improvements.

OnBase Documentation - Two Levels

When I think about documentation, I see two different, distinct types of documentation which can be important to us as OnBase administrators, developers, and users:

1. Official Documentation - this is the sum-total of all Hyland materials available to us.  MRGs, official Community posts, and other content provided by Hyland could all arguably fall under this heading.
  2. Internal / Organizational Documentation - this is documentation that we generate ourselves, perhaps detailing procedures for executing certain Workflow processes, on-boarding a new user, or simply providing comments and explanation of features and functions which are specific to our OnBase implementation.

I think there is opportunity for discussion on both of these topics, and I'd be really interested in seeing what our members have to offer!

Do you have any success stories or areas where you see opportunity for improvement with Official Documentation from Hyland?  What practices (if any) do you employ in your own organization to help document and track processes, procedures, and comments on your applications?