cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onbase Thick Client version 9.2 on Server 2008 R2 X64

Trevor_Brucker
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am trying to install the 9.2 thick client on a 2008 R2 Citrix box and I am getting a few errors when I attempt to launch the obclnt32.exe application.

16 REPLIES 16

Trevor_Brucker
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Does anyone have any information on this at all? Anyone from Hyland? I would appreciate some assistance. My vendor has already told me he can't help me because he thinks its an issue with dot net framework 3.5 not being installed. I have verified that it is indeed installed with the OS. Please HELP

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Does this occur when initially launching the client or when logging in? I did confirm that 9.2 is indeed supported on this OS and SP so that should not be a problem. Also by confirming that 3.5 is installed, did you ensure that it was added as part of the services/features?

Justin - Hyland Technical Support

Marcus_Christi6
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Too ambiguous an error.  I would start with the basics.

Visual C++ 2008
DEP disabled (or add obClnt32.exe as an exception)
Right Click --> Run as Administrator on obClnt32.exe (eliminates a rights issue)

It also depends how it was deployed into Citrix, if you published it as an application or installed directly into the instance.  If it's a published application there is, I recall, some sort of command that needs to be run that "allows" certain apps to run.  Don't know if that's even in the ballpark though.

Trevor_Brucker
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

yes it happens when I launch the exe, I don't even get to the point of logging in, I verified 3.5 is installed as a feature