cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase Studio

Arul_Devanesan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Why is the OnBase studio 14 very slow? I know it is pointing to Appnet are there any plans to have the OnBase studio point to the database like the Thick client?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Brett_Scherzber
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

After dealing with various response times from Studio in different workstations and servers, I believe I've found an option that helps - turning off spellcheck.  When using Studio from our servers clicking on any lifecycle/queue/action/rule was taking over 2 minutes to respond, after turning off spell check Studio response went back to a normal speed.

View answer in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Brett_Scherzber
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

After dealing with various response times from Studio in different workstations and servers, I believe I've found an option that helps - turning off spellcheck.  When using Studio from our servers clicking on any lifecycle/queue/action/rule was taking over 2 minutes to respond, after turning off spell check Studio response went back to a normal speed.

I can confirm that this works wonders
I just tested this out in a local VM, where it has very little ram and 2 processors. With spell check enabled it took me about 5-6 minutes to checkout, then expand all on a life cycle. after removing the check-mark it took me about 5 seconds.
(Application Menu | Studio Options | General Tab | "Enable spell checking" checkbox)

I have just about the same report as Dru: Onbase 15 on a VM Windows 2012 server, 8 processors, 8 GB RAM. Thank you so much for the spell check fix! This was my first use of Studio and am very glad that I don't have to include a coffee break at every script deployment! 🙂

This worked for us as well!! We have been dealing with this for the past 9 months and it has been so frustrating. Thanks for sharing your solutions!!!

WIN!