cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase Studio

Arul_Devanesan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Why is the OnBase studio 14 very slow? I know it is pointing to Appnet are there any plans to have the OnBase studio point to the database like the Thick client?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Brett_Scherzber
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

After dealing with various response times from Studio in different workstations and servers, I believe I've found an option that helps - turning off spellcheck.  When using Studio from our servers clicking on any lifecycle/queue/action/rule was taking over 2 minutes to respond, after turning off spell check Studio response went back to a normal speed.

View answer in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Thank you very much!! I was already starting to frustrate myself.

This totally works, thanks Brett

Worked for me as well.  I have just been lucky up to this point I guess but thanks this was getting bothersome!!

This does indeed work! 

Paul_Lloyd
Employee
Employee

The root cause of this issue is a bug in the .NET Framework's spell checker:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2153484

According to Microsoft, it can happen if you're running Windows 8 or later, and are using the .NET 4.6 Framework. The above link gives further details

The bug causes temporary registry entries created by the spell checker not to be cleaned up correctly, and this drastically slows down any application (such as OnBase Studio) that loads the spell checker. 

To disable Spell Check: OnBase Studio | Studio Options | General Tab | uncheck 'Enable Spell Checking' | Ok

In Onbase 16, if the  spell check load takes too long, Studio will write a message to its output window (as well as to the Diagnostics Console). The message includes a link to the above URL