Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase Mobile on iPhone and iPad

Adam_Soudure
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

We're working through getting our mobile devices working with OnBase. I've been able to get my iPhone to hook up OK with the mobile client but I tried it on our CEO's iPad and got the following error:

"Failure to login. Unable to acquire a license"

Both devices were on the same network and both were configured with the following URL:

http://address_of_OnBase_Webserver/mobilebroker

Even using my credentials on the iPad didn't work. Is there something different we have to do with the iPad's?

Cheers

Adam

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tom_Vitale
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

I just wanted to explain the licensing.  We are following Apple's best practices which encourage separate development of apps for iPad and iPhone devices, and as a result these are considered two separate products.

Best,

Tom  

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the post.

From the sounds of it, if you are able to get the iPhone working then it is most likely configured correctly.  In order to use the Mobile OnBase for iPad you need to have the respective license.  There are different licenses for iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.  Verify with your first line of support that you have the necessarily licenses.

Take care.

Adam_Soudure
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi Adam,

Well that would certainly explain it! I guess the clue was in the error message 😉 A bit cheeky to be charging separately for both the iPhone and iPad licenses though.

Cheers

Adam

Tom_Vitale
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

I just wanted to explain the licensing.  We are following Apple's best practices which encourage separate development of apps for iPad and iPhone devices, and as a result these are considered two separate products.

Best,

Tom