cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onbase closing / timing out

Scott_Turner1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a user on a docked latop, who is having trouble with Onbase shutting down.. After he opens the Onbase client (thick client) it appears to timeout and shutdown after 5 mins of inactivity. The application just closes. Nothing else he has open closes, just Onbase. Is the laptop doing this or is there a setting in Onbase the times a user out? I know there is a timeout for the WEB client but he is using the thick client.

I am new to Onbase, so I am not sure what kind of information is needed to help resolve this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

My assumption is that the OnBase user logging in is part of a User Group that has a timeout set. You can find this setting within OnBase configuration under Users | User Groups / Rights | Select the user group that user is a part of | Timeout Configuration. If any of the groups that user is a part of has this enabled this will more than likely be the culprit. Simply disable this setting or remove the user from the group.

Hope this helps.

Justin

Thank You. I believe that is the issue. The timeout was enabled for 5 mins. Do you know if there is a separate timeout for the WEB client?

On another note this has the potential I am told of locking our concurrent licenses. We have a limited number, so if users are not timed out that may lock-up the license and no one else will be able to log in. If I understand this correctly.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

There is a separate setting for the Web Client (it does not respect the timeout setting on the usergroup).  In short, this setting can be found in the Application Servers web.config file and the key is entitled enableTimeout=True. Then depending on the value specified for the sessionState element (time in minutes) any inactive sessions with be timed out. You can find a more detailed explanation within the Web Server Administration MRG listed below.

https://www.hyland.com/community/onbase_product_communities/m/mrg12/11258.aspx

You are correct in regards to licensing. You can think of concurrent licenses as a pool of licenses and when all of them are being used/consumed other users would not be able to login until one of the previous users logs out. So enabling a timeout ensures that users who forget to log out and are inactive will be cleaned up accordingly.

Justin

Scott_Turner1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Thank You. You have been very helpful.