cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase API Question to Connect Outside API to OnBase AutoFill

Christopher_Sny
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Good morning!  I'm the OnBase Engineer at my company and have a question regarding this.

We currently have an internal autofill that gets updated daily from a text file that is dropped on our processing server.  We are looking to change this process as the file is growing close to 100mbs.

We would like to connect to an external API, then convert this internal autofill to an external autofill using a Unity script.  We will be using the same keywords, just changing the method on how we get the data.

Thanks!

Chris

5 REPLIES 5

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hi Christopher,

You will need someone OnBase API certified and the appropriate license(s) to use the API  I think is called Unity Integration Toolkit .  I do not think you need the Archival API (which I have as well) just for autofills but check with your account rep.

Good Luck

Hi Scott!  Thanks for the reply.  We own the licenses already.  We are working on getting another employee API certified. 

I'm looking for some advise on how to complete this.  We have plenty of developers in house that built all these external endpoints, but looking for more of the flow into OnBase.

Thanks!

Hi Christopher,

Once you are certified you can access sdk provides some basic examples.   You want to make sure you use the option connection strings in studio.   I build libraries in studio for every DB that I access in a autofill.  The basic flow for one case

….

using(SqlConnection myConnection =  new SqlConnection("..."))     
    {
    if (myConnection == null)
  {
 throw new Exception(String.Format("Connection object is null"));
       }
     myConnection.Open();
 using (SqlCommand dbcmd = myConnection.CreateCommand())
  {
  dbcmd.CommandText = SQLString;
  using (SqlDataReader reader = dbcmd.ExecuteReader())
   {
   while(reader.Read())

{

for (int i = 0; i < NBR_KW; i++)

{…..

KW_Values = (string) reader[COLUMN_NAMES];
data.SetKeyword( keywordTypes.CreateKeyword(KW_Values));

….}

args.Results.AddExternalKeywordAutofillKeysetData( data );

}

reader.Close();

….<other garage collection code>

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Chris,

I think SDK is available now and you can access even without being certified if you want to see examples - https://sdk.onbase.com/

Kind Regards,

Ashish Srivastava

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.