Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase 18 upgrade error

Dale_Meyer
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Error I'm receiving in Diagnostics Console on the AppServer:

Failed to generate key for 'WkstEntryNum'.
The UPDATE permission was denied on the object 'maxnumkeys', database 'Database', schema 'hsi'.

I've verified that the permission is correct on the table in the database.

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Dale,

These type of issues has been noticed since we switch to using ADO.NET in order to connect to the database whereas previous versions of the software prior to OnBase 18 used ODBC connections.  With ADO.NET, you can either specify the user connecting to the database in the connection string or user integrated security which would use the account running the Application Server.  

My assumption is that the user which is configured within the connection string doesn't have the necessary permissions to make the mentioned database change.  You can review your connection string for your Application Server by using the Web Application Management Console.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

Christian_Jones
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Dale,

What OnBase clients are you trying to login to use? 

i.e., OnBase Thick/Config? Unity? Briefcase? Studio? Outlook Integration? Web? and of those, are you trying to access via a machine that has IIS installed on it?

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Dale,

These type of issues has been noticed since we switch to using ADO.NET in order to connect to the database whereas previous versions of the software prior to OnBase 18 used ODBC connections.  With ADO.NET, you can either specify the user connecting to the database in the connection string or user integrated security which would use the account running the Application Server.  

My assumption is that the user which is configured within the connection string doesn't have the necessary permissions to make the mentioned database change.  You can review your connection string for your Application Server by using the Web Application Management Console.

Best wishes.

I've redone the ADO .NETConnection string and  still produces the same error, even after a AppServer restart. An additional error is showing now: The UPDATE permission was denied on the object 'maxnumkeys', database 'OnBase18Prod', schema 'hsi'.  Both seem to be related.

I should add I'm using integrated security.

We have found an issue with the ADO.NET connections as well. Granted we are using the Thick Client, but I would try switching it to a hard coded instead of integrated. We currently have an SCR for our issue, but this might at least give you a workaround to go with.