cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnBase 13 Mobile Broker Installation

Sean_Lemon
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello - We are currently trying to install the OnBase 13 Mobile Broker onto our TEST 2012 Windows Server.  We have setup the default site, installed C++ 2010 Redistributable, MSXML 4.0SP2.  When we run the setup.exe on the Mobile Broker installation we receive the following error about 90% of the way through the installation (during "Writing IIS Transaction Changes).

Failed to configure IIS.  - Then the application rolls back and does not install.

There is no additional information in the event viewer.  Has anyone else who has installed this run into this issue before?  Is there a setting in IIS that I need to change before running the installer?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sean

2 REPLIES 2

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the post.

This sounds to be an issue with the installer and the process which it is attempting to perform.  You can run MSIEXEC in verbose mode to see errors which cause the installer to rollback.  To do this, you would need to run the MSI in the command window.

START | RUN | CMD

msiexec /i "PATH TO MSI" /L*v "C:\log.txt"

NOTE: the log file could be placed anywhere you would like, but the C: root is typically the easiest.

Once you have the log file created you can search it for terms such as error or rollback.  Due to the nature of the log file it might not be obvious what the error is and this might require you contacting your first line of support for further investigation.  One of the common issues I have seen with IIS is where a Virtual Directory or Application Pool was not cleaned up correctly from within IIS Manager.  In this case there is "empty" configuration which the installed finds as an error.

Hope this helps.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

While not necessarily a resolution to this issue, another post with the same symptoms resulted in a solution.  You can find the post here.

Take care.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.