cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office Web Apps/WOPI server path warning in diagnostics console (V 18.0.149)

Kirk_Sumpter
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We recently went live with 18.0.149 and we have one app server that serves our overall client base, and we have a separate one just for our team so we can reset it during the day if needed while doing large projects.

On our new production server, at a minimum when anyone opens any kind of image file (jpg/tiff, etc) we get the following warning:

"Office Web Apps/Office Online Server Path or WOPI Server path has not been properly configured"

It may be happening under other situations, but right now that's the scenario I've been able to confirm.

Here's the odd thing...it's only happening on our 'public' app server...it doesn't happen on our test environment app server, nor our team's app server.

I've scoured the web.config file, and any settings I can find for WOPI or office web apps/office online are either set to false or commented out altogether, and I can't find a difference between the config files in the app servers that would cause this on one but not the others.

I've also found and verified the Microsoft Office Web Apps Settings in configuration under Utils, and the "Enable Microsoft Web Apps" is unchecked.

Anyone else ran into this or have a suggestion on what would be causing these errors?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Kirk_Sumpter
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

For anyone following this (since I hate when topics just kind of die with no resolution)...the error literally just went away over a weekend.  Other than the typical nightly app server resets nothing changed in our environment.

We're just monitoring to see if it comes back, but at this point it's "resolved".

View answer in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Kirk_Sumpter
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

For anyone following this (since I hate when topics just kind of die with no resolution)...the error literally just went away over a weekend.  Other than the typical nightly app server resets nothing changed in our environment.

We're just monitoring to see if it comes back, but at this point it's "resolved".

I've noticed this warning pop up in Diagnostics Console ever since we've upgraded to 22.1. We don't use WOPI, so I've verified that everything is setup according to all the Configuration, AppServer Web.Config, and WAMCON recommendations mentioned above. I was just curious to know if there might be something else out there to try to suppress this.

Matti_Pellinen
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Would be nice to know a real solution. This warning keeps coming: 'Office Web Apps/Office Online Server Path or WOPI Server path has not been properly configured' (Foundation EP5)

After 6 months I'm here again, still getting the same warning, but related to a user that has a some sort of a crash when choosing a workflow item in Unity Client. OnBase version is 21.1.12.

Hello @Matti Pellinen,

Have you entered a Hyland support ticket? they may be able to help troubleshoot the issue with  you, but i will take a stab at it anyways.  To me it seems like the integrated office viewer has somehow been enabled but not all the settings are configured. You can check for this in OnBase Config under Utils > Integrated Office Viewer Settings. You may need to click the down arrow in menu list as its towards the bottom of the list and there may be more menu options than fits on the visible list. 

Once you are at the integrated office viewer settings you may see that its enabled and only partially setup. 
If this is checked with nothing else configured, my guess is that could cause the issue you are seeing. these are the main database level setting for configuring the usage of wopi and the integrated office viewer. anything configured for wopi in the web config file would just override what is configured here.

db98722b9b994d96b520ccd243c8f61d

-Paul Morton
Product Owner, Hyland