cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to identify .jpg or .bmp or .png file type vs .tiff image.

Linda_Hankemeie
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Is there a way to identify different image file types in workflow?  Using outlook integration and importing all attachments.  We need to identify the images that are simply logo files and do not need to enter workflow.   

Looking for a solution that does not include writing a Unity Script.  

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

dave_sanderson
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Linda,

This is on the low tech side and for me, not having scripting abilities at this time, the way I would try first. It does require an addition to the keywords on your document types though:

• Add an alphanumeric File Name keyword. Under Classification check the Processing File Name Keyword check box
  • in workflow using Set Property to Expression set propExtension = right(trim(%K00221);3) (where 221 is the keyword number that is File Name)
  • in workflow use the rule Compare Property Value to check the value of propExtension (case insensitive checked) - looks like jpg, png & bmp are the three values you are looking for. if true, then deal with that document (delete eventually, but I move it to a review queue prior to deleting at least in the beginning so you could review prior to deleting)

good luck!