Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple primary keyword in Auto Fill

Manikanadanbe
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to do a lookup on a auto-fill keyword set using more than one keyword?

Otherwise is it possible to get the other keyword values  from Autofill using unity script or script hook?

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi,

You may be able to do this using an autofill Unity script where you would retrieve based on one primary keyword and then only add the result row(s) where the second primary value is also a match.

Kind regards,

-Scott

View answer in original post

Tom_Bellucco
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We've had this situation occur a number of times - the autofill script calls a web service that requires multiple input values. This means we can't call it with one input then filter the return values based on the second input. We've had to do what many others have done/suggested: take the 2 keywords and combine them in a different field with a delimiter, then in the script tokenize them and call the web service with the multiple inputs.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Scott_McLean
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi,

You may be able to do this using an autofill Unity script where you would retrieve based on one primary keyword and then only add the result row(s) where the second primary value is also a match.

Kind regards,

-Scott

Thanks for your reply.

As per my knowledge, autofill unity script using one primary keyword I can fill other secondary keywords.
But my concern is based on two primary keywords I want to fill other secondary keywords. Please let me know is there any way to achieve this?

Nevin_Steindam
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
There is a Workflow action named "Set Keyword Value from AutoFill Value", which lets you search an AutoFill by two values and copy one keyword from it. This may not be flexible enough to do what you're looking for, but it will be more convenient than a scripting solution if it does work for you.

Marcus_Christi2
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

You're referring to a composite primary key.  I haven't tested this, but I believe you'd need a stored procedure (which would then build and receive the composite from the two primaries).

Your challenge is the fact that autofill is triggered from a single keyword, where the other one may not exist yet.  Because of that, I would generally send it to workflow, build the composite with expression, store it to a throwaway keyword, perform the autofill needed, then drop the throwaway key.

If you're indexing with Unity Client you could in theory build a Unity Script, composite the two primaries and call the autofill off the composite.  Build a custom index panel where a custom action is set to call the script only when both keys are present.  That should be fairly simple to do.

This is one situation where I'd really love to have "Autofill Keyword Set to Properties".