Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi language suppor

Paul_Flynn1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello, 

I have a potential customer who would like to know if unicode is supported?  

They are an  English based company  and have documents they would like to store in the system that have come from China for example and they would like to do a copy and paste of  of the Chinese company name and index a keyword called company name using this character set.

I have done a quick test on the V13 9seconds food demo and i can import a document and  index  keyword  a field  using the following characters  (Japanese in this case) 

お酒と健康にしじみの濃いエキス「しじみ習慣」⇒無料サンプル

I can retrieve  the document  using the keyword value of 

お酒と健康にしじみの濃いエキス「しじみ習慣」⇒無料サンプル  

However the  autoname strings displays all ????????.

Is there a way I can get OnBase using the unity client to display the characters as expected?

Many thanks

Paul

9 REPLIES 9

Not applicable

Hi Paul,

Thank you using Community.

OnBase is built on top of Microsoft .NET which natively supports Unicode. Our storage of content such as documents supports Unicode but the database does not currently support Unicode. The support of Unicode is targeted for a future release.

In the scenario that you have provided, the reason you are able to store keywords in Japanese is because your database collation is set to Japanese. But how did you accomplish this? Did you simply change the collation to the 9SF demo database to Japanese or did you import the 9SF demo database into a newly created Japanese database? The reason I ask this is because when changing the collation on a database that has been created with a Latin collation, all newly created tables will be using the Japanese collation (new keywords for example), but all old tables created prior to the collation change will still be using the Latin collation. In this case, the autoname table is created at the time of the database creation therefore still using the Latin collation. 

My suggestion is to try to export the 9SF database and import it into a new Japanese database and this should solve your issue.  

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Alexandra Coman

International Solution Analyst

Hyland Software

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

ALEXANDRA, you say that "OnBase is built on top of Microsoft NET which natively supports Unicode". Is this true for both the Web/Unity clients as well as the Thick Client, and all the processing options available in via the Thick Client (i.e. DIP, COLD, Autofills, etc.)? Can we use Unicode index files for these processes?

Not applicable

Michael,

I apologize. I should have made myself more clear. This is true for the Web Client and Unity Client but not for the Thick Client. We currently cannot process index files that use Unicode as an encoding via DIP, COLD etc.

Thank you,

Alexandra  

Paul_Flynn1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Alexandra,

Many thanks for the reply.

I made no changes to the OnBase database. The 9 second foods has been left as provided.

This is what the Unity client looks like when I retrieve the document using the characters that were entered to index the keyword company name.

I want to be able to store keyword values  in English ,Chinese ,Japanese  e.t.c and the autoname string to return the value that has been entered.

I get the impression this is not possible? Due to the database collation having to be one or the other?  

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.