cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIKG and Autofill (with a splash of barcode)

Stephen_Schmida
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Trying to find a good option to do the following and having some trouble getting it configured.
Autofill set with KEY1, Key2, Key3,Key4 There may me several sets with Key1 having multiple values for Key2,3,4.
Documents come in with a primary KEY1 supplied by barcode.
Would like for the following.

1. Doc is scanned or imported, indexed with Key1 via barcode or by key stroke.
2. Keywords populate via autofill as follows.
KEY1
-----------
KEY2
KEY3
KEY4
--------
KEY2 (set2)
KEY3(set2)
KEY3(set2)
------
Etc, until all secondary values fill for KEY1Thanks! (sorry for lack of formatting)
9 REPLIES 9

jeremywinters
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Stephen -

What you are trying to do is possible - and can be done from the Autofill Keyset configuration within our Configuration client. If you go to the autofill (Keyword | Autofill Keyword Sets) and click on Settings, there should be a check box 'Expand All Matching Instances'. So if you have a single primary value of 100, and it had 5 autofill records associated with it, they would all end up populated on that document.

Give that a try and let us know how it works,

Stephen_Schmida
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Thanks for the swift response! I did have that checked and still only one "set" will populate. Perhaps I have something else wrong. Here is the rest of my setup

AUTOFILL SET
KEY1, KEY2,KEY3,KEY4,KEY5
Populated with:
111223333,123,Caldor, Zanton, Yes
111223333,456,Tyraz, Adler, Yes

MIKG with Key1,Key2,Key3,Key4
If I import and tab off KEY1, it only populates the first of the autofill set, Creating no entry for the second set of values (456,Tyraz,Adler)

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi Stephen,

When you enter the primary and you hit tab, are you prompted to select an AFKS to populate your document?

If so then you will most likely need to enable the "Expand All Matching Instances" option in Config | Keyword | AFKS | <select AFKS> | Settings

Once you make this change please make sure you relaunch your client or recycle your app pools if using the core base interface and it should function without issue.

Stephen_Schmida
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
I do not get a pick list after tabbing. Mine looks to be configured as you suggested. Should my KEY1 be IN the MIKG or should it only be that data which will change?