cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method missing using Entrust

Jacob_Ewald1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I recently upgraded a server that was running 18 to Foundation EP2 and have run into a couple of issues.

1. The server installation skipped copying 2 files to the bin folder of the AppServer virtual directory. They were:

•  Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.dll
  •  PIMManager.dll

I solved this by copying them out of the .msi and dropping them into the bin folder. That got me around the error message that it was complaining about a missing ADO.Net connection string. From that point forward everything was fine; I was able to use the thick, config, and Unity clients without issue. When I got to configuring Entrust, I ran through all of that setup and then when trying to connect using our LOB app, it failed.

2. The error I received when attempting to connect using SSO/Entrust is:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Hyland.Authentication.Configuration.AccessTokenValidationElement Hyland.Authentication.Configuration.AuthenticationConfigurationSection.get_AccessTokenValidation()'.
at Hyland.Core.Authentication.SSOUserValidationHandler.Authenticate(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Core.Authentication.OnBaseUserValidationHandler.Authenticate(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Core.Authentication.Login.Authenticate(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Core.Authentication.Authenticator.Authenticate(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Core.Session.Connect(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Services.AppServices.Connect(AuthenticationProperties properties)
at Hyland.Core.Unity.Services.SessionManagement.setupLicenseConnectAndSetupResponse(AuthenticationProperties props, Nullable`1 customProductCode)
at Hyland.Core.Unity.Services.SessionManagement.connectSSO()

Any idea what could be causing that? It seems like there is something missing from the web.config file, but I'm not sure what key/value/section that would be.

5 REPLIES 5

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Jacob.  Are you using Entrust for Single Sign-On within your solution?

Yes. I followed the same steps for configuring it as I have in the past with v18, but maybe I missed something that is now required in 19?

There have been no changes between the two versions of OnBase related to Single Sign-On with Entrust.  If reviewing the steps in the documentation doesn't' resolve the issue, I would recommend reaching out to your first line of support.

@Jacob Ewald  - any update on this?  (How did you resolve the issue?)  I don't think I have any missing files, but after configuring SSO with Active Directory - Enhanced, I receive a similar error:

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Hyland.Authentication.Configuration.AccessTokenValidationElement Hyland.Authentication.Configuration.AuthenticationConfigurationSection.get_AccessTokenValidation()'.
at Hyland.Core.Authentication.SSOUserValidationHandler.Authenticate(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Core.Authentication.Authenticator.Authenticate(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Core.Session.InternalConnect(AuthenticationProperties authProps, SessionDataAccess sessionDataAccess)
at Hyland.Core.Session.Connect(AuthenticationProperties authProps)
at Hyland.Services.AppServices.Connect(AuthenticationProperties properties)
at Hyland.Core.ServiceHandlers.Login.Connect(AuthenticationProperties authenticationProperties, Properties props, ClientMachineInfo clientMachineInfo)
at Hyland.Core.ServiceHandlers.Login.AuthenticateSSO(AuthProps authProps, Properties props, ClientMachineInfo clientMachineInfo)
at Hyland.Core.ServiceHandlers.Login.Authenticate()

I have this set up just fine with V18.0.1.71, but V21.1.13.1000 isn't working so well.  Thought I would check here before opening my own support ticket.