cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meaning of isDocumentLocked property and Locking and Unlocking documents from Hyland Services API?

Tim_Sanders
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

I have noticed that when running a GetDocumentData query from the API, the isDocumentLocked property remains

false even when I have a document open in the Re-Index screen in the OnBase thick client. When I use another

thick client and try to open the document in the Re-Index screen, I receive a 'document is locked by another user' message.

However when I run GetDocumentData through the API  repeatedly on the same locked document, I see that the property

of isDocumentLocked is still set to false, as is the readOnly property.

I would also like to know if there is a way to Lock and Unlock a particular document from the Hyland Services API.

Thank you,

Tim

1 REPLY 1

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Tim,

We apologize for the delayed response to your inquiry but Hyland is in the process of ensure everyone's post is addressed.

As for the locking documents, Hyland Services does not really have any mechanism to lock/unlock documents.  It also does not respect document lock created by a client.  The properties isDocumentLocked and ReadOnly will also remain FALSE as they are not set when retrieving a document via the Hyland Services API.

It is Hyland's recommendation to consider the Unity API as a replacement to the Hyland Services API as it is a deprecated API and will not be available after version 14.

Regards,

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.