Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping attributes from AD to OnBase

Hasnat_Ahmad
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hi,

Following MRG to configure LDAP authentication, i can see username, email and fullName brought into hsi.useraccount table automatically.

My AD also has user department stored in attribute "department". How can I configure OnBase so that this attribute is also auto synced?

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Hasnat,

Using LDAP authentication (or Active Directory - Enhanced) it is only possible to map the username, email address and display name (full name). There are no other attributes from your Directory Services which you can store in OnBase natively.

That being said, there are two potential options in order to capture this information in OnBase. The first is to use an External Autofill Keyword Set to call out to Active Directory to store any additional user attributes. Similarly you could do the same with an External Class using WorkView to create a user object with the additional attributes.

Here is a site I have referenced in the past to capture this information. From there you can create a database VIEW to display the attributes. Then query the VIEW from OnBase;

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2580/querying-active-directory-data-from-sql-server/

https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2016/03/30/sql-server-query-active-directory-data-using-adsi-ldap-link...

Best wishes.

Larry_Lavacca
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Adam

Larry here form Tampa.  do you have any docuemntation that explains teh difference between the following two types of directory service Auhentication, 1) AD Basic and 2) AD Enhanced?  i like a better clear explaitantion of the follwoing options Seqarch Users Login Domain only, No serverless binds, Failover to interactive Mode.  Also details on Interactive User Authentication Thick client and Core services.  and the Synchronize User Attributes on auto logon, and authentification Only on Auto Logon?

Hey Larry! 😉

The Authentication MRG is the best point of reference for all of those settings.

Also, as a note, within the next release of OnBase, Active Directory - Basic will be deprecated (link).

Best wishes.