Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP User Mappings

Alexander_Deems
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

I am working to get LDAP authentication setup in a test environment and running into some issues. I have followed the recommendations for default values from the Network Security MRG, but still having issues getting it to work properly. Below is a screenshot that has the information that I have tried. I also, have been changing the LDAP Class Name from user to other LDAP attributes to see if they work properly. 

Hopefully I am missing something small, but I am not completely sure what is causing the issue. 

Thank you, 

Alex 

8 REPLIES 8

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

In the User/Group section try using : User class contains list of groups and the attribute: memberOf  That is what is on ly LDAP config cheat-sheet.

Either way sAMAAccountName there is the name of the group itself.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Typically the sAMAccountName attribute will list the name of the object (ie the user name or the user group name), however it will not contain the values of the user groups names.  In an LDAP environment, the member attribute will contain the values of the user groups the user belongs to on the user objectClass whereas the memberOf attribute will contain the values of the users that belong to the user group on the user group objectClass.  Here is an example:

objectClass: user

attribute: sAMAccountName - value: jdoe

attribute: member - value: OnBase User Group

objectClass: userGroup

attribute: sAMAccountName - value: OnBase User Group

attribute: memberOf - value: jdoe

Also, as a follow up for the error message, check to see if you have the Restrict Autologon to Windows Users in Trusted Domains check box without any Trusted Domains listed.

Take care.

Alexander_Deems
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Shane, 

Thank you for the update, but I am still having an issue. I don't see anything in the diagnostic console either.... 

I have verified that Restrict AutoLogon to Windows Users in Trusted Domains is disabled. 

Do you have any other ideas? 

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex,

My pleasure and thanks for the update.  Unfortunately without further troubleshooting I don't have any recommendations.  At this point I would recommend working with your first line of support to investigate the issue. 

Take care.