Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP User Mappings

Alexander_Deems
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

I am working to get LDAP authentication setup in a test environment and running into some issues. I have followed the recommendations for default values from the Network Security MRG, but still having issues getting it to work properly. Below is a screenshot that has the information that I have tried. I also, have been changing the LDAP Class Name from user to other LDAP attributes to see if they work properly. 

Hopefully I am missing something small, but I am not completely sure what is causing the issue. 

Thank you, 

Alex 

8 REPLIES 8

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

The user DN will look something like:  CN=OnBase_LDAP, OU=Service Accounts, OU=Common, DC=MYCOMPANY, DC=AD

If you are using an AD based LDAP server you can use Sysinternals AD Explorer to find the correct DN for the proxy user you want to use.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the post and the screenshot.

From the looks of it you have an incorrect Search Root.  You should not include "" in the Search Root Distinguished Name field.  Below is an example that I created against an Active Directory directory service, though the configuration concepts would be the same against a pure LDAP directory service.

Take care,

Alexander_Deems
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Well that makes all the difference in the world. Now I am able to see that usernames and groups are being mapped. When I attempt to login via the thick client, I am getting Unable to validate login domain error. Any clues? 

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Alex,

Glad that you are now able to validate the configuration.  As for the error, I would recommend working with your first line of support to further investigate the issue.

Take care.