cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyword Type Group limitations? Attempting to migrate a large amount of data to new KTG

Robert_Angus
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I am attempting a Keyword Type Group Migration on our test server. There are 4.8 million documents that currently exist for the document type, and we are attempting to migrate roughly 65 keywords. 

I've attempted this twice now, and both times the migration basically locks (edit: by "lock", I mean that the keygroupdata table stops growing) when the new keyword group contains exactly 3112115 records (determined by a select count(itemnum) from hsi.keygroupdata### query). 

I have already verified for a fact that none of the 65 keywords contain multiple values, though I believe that would have stopped the process before I even made it this far. 

Has anyone experienced this? Am I running into some sort of hard limit with the Keyword Type Group migration? 

2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

Hello Robert,

I would recommend that you contact your first line of support so they can investigate why there is a lock.

Thanks

~Riddhi

John_Anderson4
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Robert, do you have any followup on this? We have a doc type with 110 million documents that we want to migrate to a keyword group, and I'm wondering the best way to do it. My instinct is doing it through config might choke with that many documents.

Thanks.