cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with 2 users not able to log into OnBase Mobile. EP3, Android, AD Authentication

John_Neidert1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Working with Reseller to Resolve.  But need help.  Two users with AD login can access Unity Client via AD login.  Cannot login OnBase Mobile via Android.  Other Users can login on their mobile device with success to the mobile app.  They are on their work wifi.  Diagnositc returns SID null when the login fails.  But they get SID when login to Unity Client.  We changed one users password.  I used his account from my Iphone and Android device from Ohio to same mobile endpoint an was able to login on his account on both devices.  When I logged in with his account in diagnostics it shows aquiring a SID.  Compared is AD information out of OnBase Configuration in the AD setup.  Both him and the other individual look to have the same information.  We are at a loss to why this is happening and were to look next.  Thanks John Neidert   

5 REPLIES 5

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @John Neidert ,

Are you using OnBase Mobile that connects via the Mobile Broker?  Or the modern OnBase Mobile which runs on the Hyland Mobile shell and connects to the Hyland Identity Provider and API Server?

Thanks.

Hello Adam,  Good to hear from you.  OnBase Mobile via Mobile Broker.  Connected via https app server with domain specified in Mobile Broker web.config.

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @John Neidert ,

Good to hear from you too.

When using the OnBase Mobile app via the OnBase Mobile Broker, the authentication process is taking place on the Application Server.  The users credentials are passed from the mobile device to the Mobile Broker and then to the Application Server.  The place to start investigation is on the Application Server.  You would see the authentication process under the ldap profile if it is enabled within the web.config.  Likely there would be very little information on the Mobile Broker.

There is not one thing that I can tell you as to why this is occurring, other than to say that you would need to troubleshoot the issue further.

Take care.

Thanks Adam.  That is where I am troubleshooting and seeing the SID Null return in diagnostics.  for Mobile login unity client provide a SID when they login.  And A SID when I login from my device.  Will submit a helpdesk ticket. Thanks John

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.