Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of core "fail to configure IIS"

Matthew_Brown4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

All-

I am wondering if anyone has ran into this problem. We were installing(actually upgrading) 13.0.2 core server side components and received a "fail to configure IIS" error.  We were able to install the web server, diagnostics and some other components on a one by one basis but  when we tried to install the application server, we receive the "fail to configure IIS" error.

We have a test environment, where we were able to run through the entire upgrade with no errors, so we compared all the permissions and prerequisites from our test environment to our production environment and found no differences. Any thoughts or leads are appreciated.

Matt

7 REPLIES 7

Timothy_Shepler
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Another options, is the HTTP Activation within the IIS configuration under Roles/Features.   I had this issue recently too, all above items were correct.  .NET 4.5 framework was installed, but not activated/registed with IIS (no ASP directory under wwwroot).

Thank you for this!

Thank you for adding this.  Here I am in EP3, but because of the way servers are provisioned here, I had to add the ASP.NET and then register it with IIS or it wouldn't go through.  Too bad the installer can't do that, but at least you threw a life line to the future from back in 2016!