cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Itemname Length (Autoname String Length)

Sheila_Shaver
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

My OnBase environment was initially created with version 5.0 - so my Autoname String Length only gave me 100 characters.  I am now on 12.02 --- My Hit List and Queries are all being cut off.  Hyland Technical Support recently informed me how to increase this to 255 characters.  I applied my -ROMANZO switch and launched Config.  In the Utils menu, I ran "Increase Itemname Length".  I did an IISReset.  I actually did a complete server re-boot.  My Hit List and queries are still being cut off at 100 characters.  It doesn't look like there was any change.  This is on my test environment - as I need to be sure the changes take effect and no other side-effects happen before I make the change in Production.  I went back to my Configuration Manager - and the "Increase Itemname Length" option is no longer showing up - so the option must not be available if I already ran it?  Am I missing something else to make this happen?  Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Joseph_Artuso
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Just wanted to say thanks for the tips! I'll be running this process this weekend. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.