Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent treatment of required keywords between Web and Unity Clients

Victor_Zellwege
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello all,

I'm reposting in this group with the hopes of getting a response, the other group I used may not have been appropriate for it either, my apologies.

We are trying to deploy a solution that will allow some groups of users to use the Unity Client, while other groups use the Web Client. It's critical the Web Client treats documents, keywords, and security settings the same as the Unity Client, or we cannot have users in the two systems sharing documents and configuration items.

We've hit a roadblock with this recently since we cannot get the Web Client to behave consistently with the Unity Client. Specifically and most importantly: The Web Client does not respect the required keyword setting on keywords that are hidden.

Because of this, users in the Web Client can index documents that they are not supposed to. The Unity Client behaves as expected in this situation and restricts people without the "Access Hidden Keywords" from indexing documents containing required, hidden keywords.

Does anybody know how to get the Web Client to respect required, hidden keywords during indexing, like the Unity Client? The Web Client MRG has no mention of hidden keywords at all.

Thanks,

Victor

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi Victor,

Unfortunately this may be an expected difference between the clients. I would highly recommend reaching out to your FLOS and opening a support ticket and SCR for this.

The reason I say this may be expected is that there was a similar SCR that was reviewed a couple years ago for Hidden/Required keywords during searching. Dev reviewed this SCR, but chose not to pursue it as they state that it is expected for the client to not know about required settings when the user doesn't have access to the Keyword because it is hidden. When you reach out to support reference SCR#284293 as a similar situation.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I hope it helps.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi Victor,

Unfortunately this may be an expected difference between the clients. I would highly recommend reaching out to your FLOS and opening a support ticket and SCR for this.

The reason I say this may be expected is that there was a similar SCR that was reviewed a couple years ago for Hidden/Required keywords during searching. Dev reviewed this SCR, but chose not to pursue it as they state that it is expected for the client to not know about required settings when the user doesn't have access to the Keyword because it is hidden. When you reach out to support reference SCR#284293 as a similar situation.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I hope it helps.