cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impersonation - Worker process doesn't use impersonated account only for purging scan batches

Kirk_Sumpter
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We recently stood up an OnBase version 18 test environment, and I happened upon this issue by accident: when we purge a scan batch from the batch processing window, for each document in the batch Diagnostics console shows "FindInIdFile error: \\UNCSHARE\OBDG\XXXXXX\OnBase.id  [Error accessing file - ERRNO13] Permission Denied".

We have impersonation running, the app pool is running under the Network Service account as suggested in the MRG.

Every other operation we have tried works flawlessly in the environment, no issues with impersonation accessing or doing anything else on the disk groups.

The impersonated account has full control of the disk group/subfolders and OnBase ID files.

When viewing the worker process via process monitor, the specific line where the worker process tries to access the OnBase ID file for the purge, that task does not show an impersonated account, which is why the error occurs.  But, every other operation that impacts that disk group shows the impersonated account in proc mon as the one taking the action.

FLOS is saying this is something in the configuration of the server or the network (i.e. "not an OnBase issue"), but I don't understand how that can be since the worker process typically uses the correct impersonation account, just not for this exact action (purging scan batch).

In Unity, the user receives no errors, no messages that anything has gone wrong.  The batch itself is removed from OnBase as expected, but behind the scenes the files are left on the disk group as orphans and if you are unaware this is happening could be a potential issue. 

Two questions;

1) does anyone have any suggestions as to what we might check on the network or server side that would impact this from an impersonation perspective?  We run impersonation on all of our environments running V16 without issue, and FLOS has checked everything they know to check from an OnBase impersonation perspective.  I've run out of search terms googling impersonation and haven't come up with anything.

2) has anyone, or would anyone running impersonation on version 18 (we're running build 149) test or Dev environment be willing to test this to see if it behaves the same way in your environment?  All you need is to run diagnostics console on your app server, load a scan batch in the batch processing window, right click to purge it and see if the errors appear in diagnostics. 

Any ideas are welcome!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Kirk_Sumpter
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Per FLOS, they have agreed this is an issue they need to address; my rep on the ticket has written up SCR# 320446 to address this issue, the SCR is currently in internal review status as of 6/11/2019.  

The SCR does not yet show against my support issue, but I'm assuming in the near future you can add your organization to this once it gets published if need be.

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Thanks Daniel, impersonation is working for us for everything except the scan batch purging, if you note my answer below Hyland has agreed this is a bug they need to address. 

Kirk_Sumpter
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Per FLOS, they have agreed this is an issue they need to address; my rep on the ticket has written up SCR# 320446 to address this issue, the SCR is currently in internal review status as of 6/11/2019.  

The SCR does not yet show against my support issue, but I'm assuming in the near future you can add your organization to this once it gets published if need be.