Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idp admin credentials

Iqbal_Singh
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello Forum,

I have configured identity provider and api server  along with identity provider installed database.
The installation was successful and it showed the same screens across.

When I try to login to https://../idp/admin with credentials of manager/password as per documentation, it says "Sorry, there was an error".

1) How to create credentials?

2) How to troubleshoot the error?

Sorry I am new to this software, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Iqbal ,

Sounds like there is a misconfiguration.  The best place to start troubleshooting the issue is to capture Hyland Diagnostics logs from the Hyland IDP and the ApiServer to determine what error is causing the issue.  The Hyland.Identity.Provider and ApiServer profiles is where I would expect to see the error under the Message and or Exception columns.  Then you can use the TSKB to search for the error message ...

https://community.hyland.com/search/v2?q=Hyland%20IDP&domain_t=content&content_type_s=TSKB

Best wishes.

Thanks for your inputs Adam Shane.

I tried find the logs of onbase, but I could not locate them.

I see an error in event viewer and the error seem to be "Failed to filter users" from "Hyland.Identity.ScimClient.Services.Scim.ScimUserService", I don't see any helpful in search.

Could you help me here, I believe it must with credentials, what credentials we should use ideally to login for first time.

Thanks.

Hi @Iqbal ,

Unfortunately that is not helpful enough to provide guidance on troubleshooting the issue.  The error is coming from the Hyland IDP making a request to the OBSCIM service API running within the ApiServer.  I would expect to see an error from the ApiServer.

I would recommend working with your first line of support for further assistance.

Best wishes.

Tia_Brott-Silke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Adam is right, you need to contact FLOS (first line of support) as the issue could be many things, this forum is not the best way to solve it.

That said, having been through something similar, I can say it is probably not the credentials. Install/start diagnostics console pointed at both your IdP server and ApiServer/SCIM server and replicate the issue. It is probably configuration or permissions based. Your FLOS can work through it with you.