cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have enabled Workflow Queue and Arrival Time as display columns available for custom queries. Can I limit or filter the lifecycles are displayed in these columns?

Adam_Warmack
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have enabled Workflow columns to be displayed in queries and cross-references. 

I have two lifecycles that all documents of this type will enter. One lifecycle has a series of queues (from which I want to display in queries), the other lifecycle only has one queue.  When I view the workflow queue column in the custom query sometimes it will show the queue from lifecycle A and other times it will show lifecycle B. 

Is there a way to limit or control which lifecycle is shown in this column?  For example, can I filter out one lifecycle or display them in separate columns?  

2 REPLIES 2

Alex_French
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

This is a good question! When I first saw this functionality I wondered how it is expected to behave if a document is in multiple Lifecycles.

It would be *especially* important when used as a Filter in Workflow or a Filter on a Folder used by a Portfolio Relation/Type to configure Related Items in Workflow. I would *think* that the Inbox filter would definitely show the Arrival Time for the current queue, but who am I to assume?

Did you learn any more?

Robert_Myers
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Agree, good question. I am wondering the same thing. In the SysAdmin1800 MRG, the only information provided for Workflow Queue Workflow column is, "The name of the Workflow queue the document is currently in". What if it is currently in multiple queues?