cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a WCF proxy class using svcutil.exe. Do I nee to use config file?

Bob_Smith1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I created a WCF proxy class using svcutil.exe. It also created a config file. I made a library script with the proxy class file but do I need to do anything with the config file? I am getting an error that says... Could not find default endpoint element that references contract 'ISearch' in the ServiceModel client configuration section.  This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this contract could be found in the client element.  Any suggestion of how to resolve this error would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Bob,

When using a WCF service proxy...

To specify the binding information and endpoint data to the service from the unity script, use the System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory class that allows you to specify the particular binding and endpoint data imperatively. And then use the ChannelFactory object to access the service operations.

For more information on System.ServiceModel.ChannelFactory, please visit Microsoft site: How to: Use the ChannelFactory

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.