cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyland IdP What is Provider type 1?

Andy_Ross
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I'm starting to configure Hyland IdP to work with our University's SAML2 for OnBase.

I find p33 of the Idp MRG a bit confusing. It has a chart showing Type Value 3 for SAML2 but then says

"The provider type 1 can only be used in OnBase environments" but does not explain anywhere what type 1 is.

If I want to authenticate users for OnBase using Hyland IdP against the University's SAML2 should I be using type1 or type 3?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Andy Ross ,

Typically, the Provider is not referenced by # (i.e. Type Value), but instead by the Provider Type.  The Identity and Access Management Services documentation references the following table ...

9e9f60cbca154f40ad88e7ef7969c910

For Providers, Provider Type 1 is Normal / OnBase / Local Login which means the OnBase database via the API Server.  This is also known as using an OnBase User Name and Password.

If you are looking to federate authentication of your users through a Provider configured for SAML, then you would select the Provider Type of SAML2.  Further, you can disable the ability to login with the user's OnBase username and password by disabling/unchecking the "Allow users to log in locally" option on the respective Clients to prevent users from using the feature.

2d4e535e7d1d420eba5757d5e70bb269

Take care.