cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release a active license

Julie_Brown
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In the Client, User Currently Logged In, I have one user that the Workflow Concurrent Client SL and Concurrent Client licenses stay active even after the user exits the Unity Client.

The users Login Time is 04/25/2019 11:23am Active

They exited OnBase a few minutes later but the licenses are still in use

Is there a way to release an active license other than doing a IISRESET?

12 REPLIES 12

I don't have the Web Client, Do you know if\where this feature is in the Thick or Unity Client?

Julie, I'm not sure. I've been looking since yesterday in Unity and Thick, I can't find another item that does this. I found something if the users are getting stuck in Chrome, but you don't have the web client. so not sure that will be of any use.

https://community.hyland.com/forum/threads/72545-chrome-browser-not-issuing-a-disconnect-not-freeing...

Julie, I just got some awesome information from my FLS. there are 2 things you can change in your web.config. I tested it last night and it seems to have worked. since you don't have a web server, you only have to change it on the app server. make a copy of the file first, just in case it crashes.  

find <sessionState mode="InProc" go to the end of the line and lower the timeout from 20 to 10, unless people need to be in there longer than 10...  

then find <session enableTimeout="false" /> and change it to true (<session enableTimeout="true"/>)

saving this will reset your app pool, so you may want to do it after hours, or let people know you are going to reset things really quick. that seems to have worked for my company!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.