cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release a active license

Julie_Brown
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In the Client, User Currently Logged In, I have one user that the Workflow Concurrent Client SL and Concurrent Client licenses stay active even after the user exits the Unity Client.

The users Login Time is 04/25/2019 11:23am Active

They exited OnBase a few minutes later but the licenses are still in use

Is there a way to release an active license other than doing a IISRESET?

12 REPLIES 12

I agree. I have a nightly recycle, however we kept running out of licenses during the day. since I implemented my above solution, I don't go above 4 or 5 active WF concurrent. it's wonderful! 

Jeffrey_Seaman
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Yes, you can do this within the Diagnostics Console, though it has to be configured properly. This is done by updating a file in the app server's folder structure. You need to update the AppServer/Admin/sessionAdminSecurity.config file, to identify either Windows accounts or groups that have access to manage the session.

Then from the Diagnostic Console's main menu, select Tools, View Application Server Sessions. If the URL is correct, just hit Go, and if configured properly you'll get back a list of sessions. You can select and remove sessions from this window.

It can be clunky if you have a large number of users as the columns are not sortable. One workaround we used in the past was doing a select all, copy/paste the sessions into Excel, then search for the username you need to disconnect. This gives you a general idea of where they are in the list, so you know whereabouts to look in the Diagnostics Console.

The other option is to write some custom code. Both retrieving and disconnecting sessions is handled by a web service. If you reference it in code, you can build your own interfaces to find sessions. We did this to allow us to search across all app servers in a load balanced environment, allow column sorting, and allow for searching for a particular username across all servers. Now with a couple of clicks we can free up all sessions for a user across multiple servers.

Hi Jeffrey,

I tried your resolution, I changed the sessionAdminSecurity.config file (added allow roles in this file), and then did exactly what you wrote above in Diagnostic Console, but I have a problem like below:

9eec50db3cd945f69ae5543b0107f0ad

I tried with different URL's and with another user (even with Application Admin on server site), but everywhere and everytime we have this problem.

Do you have some solution for this?

Isaac_Izquierdo
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

You can also try the Disconnect option from the web client under Admin > Users and then hit the drop down to select Show Active Users.

It's clunky, but gets the job done. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.