cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make code changes of an Active version without creating a new Unpublished Version?

Nghia_Phan
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I would like to make some minor changes in the current Active Unity Script code in Studio, but without creating any new Unpublished version. How we do that?

I realize that Onbase keeping any new change into a new version with versioning control idea; but, it also creates too many Published versions during testings and making modifications. I wish OnBase Studio provides an IDE like (Visual Studio), so we can test directly and see trace in the Diagnostics console. In Studio, we only have Save, Save & Publish, and Build options.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Shane_Cook1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi,

I don't know what OnBase licenses you own. If you have the OnBase "Unity Integration Toolkit" license, you can use Visual Studio to connect to OnBase and develop/test Unity Script code outside of OnBase for many solutions.  Once you have your code working as expected, it is a relatively easy process to transfer your code into OnBase and do one "build and publish" thus eliminating your current issue.

If you don't have the license mentioned above, I would recommend leaving the comment field blank for test builds and filling it in with release information only when you have a "known good" script.  Reviewing the lengthy list of versions will be much easier to trace back to each of the "good" versions.

Cheers.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nghia_Phan
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Adam:

Thank you for your suggestions.