cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link external autofill keyword set with onbase eform creator user name

Patty_Delmott
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have created an external autofill keyword dataset for an eform.  I would like to create a new one just like it except instead of typing in the primary keyword (ID), I want to use the onbase user name for the creator of the eform. I want the autofill keywords to populate as the form comes up based on the onbase username (for the creator of the eform).  Is this possible?

In my SQL code, I don't know how to link from the onbase user name (for the eform creator) with my external (Banner) user name.  If this is possible and anyone has a code snippet that would help me, I would appreciate it!

Thanks.

Patty

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Hello Patty,

I would expect this to be possible, but it would take some custom scripting. If you could add the OBProperty_CurrentUserName to the form and somehow link it to their external user name, that might accomplish what you would like. From a Hyland perspective, I would encourage you to contact technical support so they can assess exactly what you would like to do and recommend the best course of action.

Kevin_Corbett
Employee
Employee

I can't write the code for you here, but I believe this is what you need to know:

When the E-Form is opened for the first time (when it is being created from the Client as in FILE – NEW FORM) it has no Document Handle (the unique number assigned by OnBase to every document in the system).  If the value for OBProperty_ItemNum is null, then you know that this form is now being created… if it had a number, then you know that someone is opening the document after it has already been created.  Your logic would have to check this and if it was null fill the Keyword Type designated for employee name/login.  You could either put on an autofill button but you could also have the script (probably java script) call the button click event once the Keyword value for employee name/login was filled.  

The steps to create could be:

1.  Create the autofill and ensure it works if everything were manual on the form.  Ensure the Keyword Types are all mapped and work outside of any scripting.

2.  Create the script to detect if the Document Handle exists

3.  Modify the script so that if the Document Handle does not exist it populates the OBProperty_CurrentUserName value

4.  Modify the script so that it “clicks” the autofill button for you

Kevin,

Regarding step #4, how would you code the form to automatically "click" the button on the form without creating an infinite loop? In my attempts to do this, I've created JavaScript functions that "click" the button when the page loads.  When the button is clicked, however, it submits the form and that causes the page to reload...which causes the button to be clicked again, and so on...

Is there a way to get the OBBtn_ExpandKSXXX to "run" without having the button type="submit"?

Thanks.

Blaine, were you able to find an answer to your question on this?

We are running into the same thing on an eform when trying to autopopulate an autofill keyword set with OBProperty_CurrentUserName and have it fill without any button needed clicked. We end up in an endless loop when we try.

"Is there a way to get the OBBtn_ExpandKSXXX to "run" without having the button type="submit"?"