cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create date or alpha keyword with drop down list and date range search capability.

Ed_Martin1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

-Trying to determine how to create date or alpha keyword with a drop down list and date range search capability from and too like in doc retrieval or workview.

-Our HR department wants to have a keyword "Pay Date". This key word can be an alpha or date keyword.

-As an alpha I can choose "Allow Drop - Down List" in config to allow our HR depart to add values that will be retained in a drop down list; however as an alpha I have no way to search by a date range on the keyword.

-If I use the date search in doc retrieval it will search on the Document Date. This will not work because the pay date can be in a different year from the doc date.

-If the keyword is a Date keyword type in the keyword panel under doc retrieval I can search for Pay date > 01/01/2021 and have docs returned.

--However I have two issues with this configuration

---If I add a second instance of Pay date < 01/01/21 then no docs are found

---With the date keyword doc type I lose the drop down option to use previously stored keyword values.

-Is there any configuration that will let me use both a date search range and drop down to store keyword values used in a keyword?

0 REPLIES 0