cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you stamp a keyword on a document ex "invoice #"

Rob_Gifford
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have vouchers that I want to stamp a invoice number on it - the keyword is invoice# and it is auto created.  but our controller needs the invoice number stamp on the documents.

Thanks

Rob Gifford

4 REPLIES 4

Joshua_Schultz1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
I have 2 workflows I'm trying something like this with.

I have users using EDM Mark up and manually keying it in a text box. The advantage to this is they can make it bold, overlay things on the document if they need, and place it anywhere. The downside is that it seems cumbersome and very manual.

I also have a set of users that key in a keyword and I have workflow create a note and add it to the document. This is cool and can be set to print on the document, but it also has downsides. The problem with this is that it is static on the document and can overlap important info.

If there were a better solution I would love to hear it. Something like using EDM but having a tool to stamp a keyword would be perfect.

Gerald_Granath
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Rob, did you figure out a solution; I have a similar need in that our business users want a Received Date "stamped" onto a document. Thanks, - Jerry

Not applicable

Hello Rob,

You can create a Note Type, and add it to the document using a Workflow or a System Task. When you are configuring the action to create the Note, you just select the KW invoice# and add it to the note content. It is not a stamp, but the end user can see the invoice number easily.

Another way to show the invoice number in your document is to put it in Auto-Name, it will be visible all the time.

Marcus_Christi2
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

If you can do it on or before capture, you can do it with Image Processing off the scan queue.  Requires a very simple VBScript (in the MRG).

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.