cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I copy user data from prod to test in OnBase

Scott_Muro
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I want to populate our test system with current employee data from prod. Is there a way for me to download/export user data from Prod and then upload to test? Or some way to do a backup and restore? I am looking to do this myself so that I have a process in place when we need to have a current test system of employee data. Not looking to move documents, just the employee list so that we can test other functions and loads against the most current employee base.

Any guidance, documentation, suggestions is very much appreciated. I have not had success searching community.

thank you

1 REPLY 1

FABIAN_BOTINA1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello, when you refer to user data, are you referring to the information of native Onbase users or are you referring to user information loaded in some module, keywords, workview or similar?

The thing is that there are many options depending on your needs.

For example, if they are users, you could export the information of your production users in a txt file and import them from the onbase configurator -> users -> Usernames / passwords

767bed3ac9a945a9ae5efce86e0faa61

You could also create a replica environment of your productive environment by inheriting some users, documents (if required), among others.

You do this from the OnBase configurator -> utilities -> change control -> test system creation.

but it is a critical activity that requires caution, prior knowledge and activation of the environment.

45f7a75e327c47fbba7ae97a359cff27

If the data is in datasets or autofill, it would be the same, export and import.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.