cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we populate a dataset value on document keyword as default value?

Iftekhar_Naiya1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi There,

I have created a  Keyword type with Data set and given three values. Now I want to populate/set any one value from Dataset as default to populate on Document as keyword value, plus I do want dataset drop down should also be there for user to select/change other value from dataset.

If it is not possible through Config then Is there any way that we can also do it with Dataset unity script too?

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Sherrie_Butler1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

You can do this, but it's not in the Keyword configuration, it's in the Document Type Configuration.  

Go to Document > Document Types and select the DocType that uses this Keyword.  Click "Keyword Types" and when the window opens, click "Options" (see below).  On the list of keywords with all the boxes, at the far right for each is the option to enter a Default value.  

View answer in original post

Iftekhar_Naiya1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thank You  Sherrie &Shane, This really worked but not both the ways...when I set default keyword value I see the value populated on keyword but drop down values are not coming when clicking on drop down list. Only default value remains present in dataset list while I have configured multiple values in Data Set.                            

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Iftekhar_Naiya1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Yeah, it is.

Thank you so much Sherrie!