cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Keywords for certain users

Ginny_Proctor
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I'm sure this is a fairly simple thing to do, but I can't find anywhere that explains how.

I have a document that certain groups should have access to see.  I want them to see all of the keywords on that document, except for one.  Is there a way to redact just one keyword for that group? 

3 REPLIES 3

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

I think the name of the override setting you may be seeking is "Access to Restricted Keywords".

Document overrides can be found in Configuration under Document>Document Types>User Groups>Override (button)

The keyword hidden settings are under Document>Document Type> Keywords (button)> Options (button - lower right side)

Thank you, I was thinking of it being open for everyone except a group and I needed to think the other direction, it's hidden for everyone except certain groups.

thanks for your help!

Carly_Chung
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi, Ginny.

For more information about the Access Restricted Keywords privilege, please refer to the System Administration MRG for your version of OnBase. The OnBase 12 MRG is available here:

https://www.hyland.com/community/onbase_product_communities/m/mrg12/11164/download.aspx

The Access Restricted Keywords privilege allows users to see and edit values for Keyword Types configured as hidden or read-only at the Document Type level. For information about Keyword Type options, see the Options section beginning on page 265 in the OnBase 12 System Administration MRG.

Thank you for your question. Please let us know if you have any others.

-Carly

Edit: The link was incorrect in my original post. I have updated it accordingly.