cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granting Purge Rights

Fred_La_Plante
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I need to grant rights to a user to purge indexed documents within their group of documents. How do I do this in version 11?

8 REPLIES 8

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Fred,

To confirm, are you looking to grant them rights to Purge documents (as in permanenetly delete the document from the system) or just delete them (sending them to Document Maintenance, which acts like a Windows Trash can)?

Thanks,

Fred_La_Plante
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Yes, I am trying to grant them rights to permanently delete documents that are in the system.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Fred,

The user group would need to have 2 items selected then.

• Under User | User Group / Rights | <Select the User Group> | Privileges | Under the documents section the "Delete" option will need to be selected.
    • This will allow users to delete any document within document types that they have access to. This will not permanently delete the items, and will simply move them to Document Maintenance.
  • Under User | User Group / Rights | <Select the User Group> | Product Rights | Under the Administrative Privileges there is a checkbox for Utilities
    • This will allow users to access Document Maintenance under Admin | Utilities | Document Maintenance within the client.
    • Note: Giving this privilege will allow users to permanently delete/remove documents from your OnBase solution. You will be unable to get these items back if they are removed from here unless you have them stored outside of OnBase. This is typically only given to Administrator level users.

Hope this helps,

Is there a way to limit their ability to only delete documents that they have rights to? If I grant those rights then the user can see all of the deleted items.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.