Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting things in sych

Jeremy_Lowrey
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good Morning Community,

To start I would just like to say sorry for the lengthy post and thanks in advance for any answers/advice you may be able to provide!

Here is our current scenario:

Our QA environment and our DEV environment are out of synch. What I mean by that is that some development took place in QA so there are things in QA that are currently not in DEV. We currently are undergoing an effort to get DEV back in synch with QA and have had several ideas about how to do so. Our first idea was to migrate all new DEV work from DEV to QA and then perform a Database Replace (maybe Config Migration from QA to Dev). This would seem like it would work for making sure DEV and QA are in synch, and then following the standard SDLC moving forward we should not have any issues. One other option was to manually go through and try to synch everything up between the two environments which seems like things might be left out. We also thought about performing an OnBase Configuration Util Import/Export from QA to DEV to move things over that might not be existing in DEV. With this, we ran into specific warnings that I will outline below. So with all of that being stated, here are the questions we are trying to get answered:

1.) What are your thoughts about getting these two environments in Synch?

2.) We started by trying to export a DIP process from QA to DEV as we noticed some differences, and we got the following warnings:

3.) As a result we tried including Document Types, folders etc. But we still get warnings. What do these specific warnings mean when we are trying to import Document Types that already exist in a system and just map them to the same document type?

4.) Finally, we wondered if this had something to do with the database identification numbers matching up. Is this relevant to the process? Furthermore, if you have different database identification numbers for the same Document Type across two different environments does that pose a problem? My assumption is that it shouldn't be an issue but I can not find documentation on that. What I mean by that is lets say I have the following example:

For example in DEV let’s say I create these keyword types:

DEV

KW1 – ID: 1

KW2 – ID: 2

Z_KW – ID: 3

KW3 – ID: 4

After migrating to Test we will have the following assuming we do not migrate the keyword that has been z’d out.

Test

KW1 – ID: 1

KW2 – ID: 2

KW3 – ID: 3

Now the identification numbers are different between DEV and TEST for KW3. I am assuming this is not an issue with OnBase. My assumption comes from the fact that there are elements that you can not delete in OnBase configuration. So if there are elements that you are unable to delete, we can never expect database identifiers to always be the same across multiple environments right? Perhaps that is actually not relevant at all and this is expected.

As mentioned any advice or help you can provide us at this point would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Kind Regards!

-Jeremy

0 REPLIES 0