cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating a selection list box from results of DocumentQuery in a CustomActionEventScript

Tom_Bellucco
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have a Unity form that already has an External Autofill script running. There is another field on the form that when someone enters a value, I need to query matching docs. Initially the requirement was that only one value could be returned, but now that has changed and the user wants to see the same type of selection box/list that appears when running the External Autofill script. Can this list be created from within a CustomActionEventScript so that the user can pick one of the returning items, and then have that populate the necessary fields on the form?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi TomBell

It seems like you would want to use an External DataSet script with the use of the args.SearchParameters.RelatedKeywordRecords to filter your list.  When working with a single value, a Custom Action script would work, but with multiple values, you will not be able to interact with a DropDown. 

I would suggest looking into the SDK for more information on the RelatedKeywordRecords Property.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tyler_Sorber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi TomBell

It seems like you would want to use an External DataSet script with the use of the args.SearchParameters.RelatedKeywordRecords to filter your list.  When working with a single value, a Custom Action script would work, but with multiple values, you will not be able to interact with a DropDown. 

I would suggest looking into the SDK for more information on the RelatedKeywordRecords Property.

Thanks Tyler. To be more specific, the Unity form has an external autofill and we have an autofill triggered off of one of the keywords on the form. The script searches OnBase for documents matching the entered keyword, displays the selectable list to the user and they choose one that then populates 4 other fields/keywords on the form.

In addition, there is another keyword on the form that they now want to work the same way (including populating the same 4 keywords when the user selects something from the data returned by the script). Prior to this request it could only return one matching document. I expect we can't run the same external autofill script off of 2 different keywords on the form.

1) What is the standard/proper practice when there is a need to trigger an external autofill script based on the data entered in different keywords?

2) Can the external dataset script populate the same keywords that the external autofill script does?

You should be able to assign an AutoFill on the KeywordType level, allowing it to be executed from multiple KeywordTypes on the Form. Additionally, a DataSet script can be used to populate an autofill.

If you are still having trouble with this business case, I would suggest reaching out to your first line of support for a more detailed approach to specifically what you are attempting to accomplish.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.