Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fujitsu IP Paper Stream

Michael_Colonn3
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Good Morning Hyland,

My understanding is that OnBase will eventually be intergraded with the Fujitsu IP PaperStream application.  Afte a number of calls with Fujitsu.  Which effectively replaces the need to have Kofax VRS in either a software or hardware based version. For point of scanning image cleanup and barcode recognition.   

Can anyone share in what up and coming OnBase release this functionality will be made available if it is indeed valid?

We ran into a scenario yesterday with 5 new Fujitsu 6800 devices had been ordered without the OEM VRS cards.  With the misunderstanding that IP PaperStream would have worked to replace VRS for production level barcode recognition at point of scanning.

PaperStream provides the barcode recognition but OnBase version 13.0.2.645 does not currently support it.  We overcame the issue by pursing the OEM hardware VRS cards.  But am still curious on when these two applications will be intergrated.  If at all. 

10 REPLIES 10

Amanda_Luceen
Employee
Employee

Hello,

To get bar codes working at scan time without Kofax (in any situation-- PaperStream or no PaperStream) you will need to do these two things:

1. Swap out your Production Document Imaging (Kofax or TWAIN) license for a Production Document Imaging (TWAIN) or Production Document Imaging (ISIS or TWAIN) licenses that Steve mentioned. You can also use the Production Document Imaging (ISIS) license. They all cost the same and are easily exchanged.
  2. Install Pegasus (aka Hyland Bar Code Recognition Software) on the scanning workstation. This is included with any of the Production Document Imaging licenses so there is no additional cost.  

Your first line of support will be able to help with both of these items and this will allow you to return your OEM VRS boards.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Amanda

The ability to use IP paperstream with the PDI Kofax or Twain license has been added in Onbase 16. We just had to select IP paperstream in the scan format and then enable the barcode recognition in IP paperstream and we were successfully able to use patch code separation without VRS software on a fujitsu model 6800 scanner.

Jan_Richard
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hi,

I have a related question that I'm not sure is answered by the above.  We are trying to purchase a new scanner.  This is our situation:

1) We are using page code separator pages (barcode-like, but just tell OnBase when to start a new document)

2) We currently have a Fujitsu fi-6140z and a Fujitsu fi-6670z

3) Both are using Kofax VRS (bundled software) to read the patch code

4) Fujitsu no longer carries this line, and recommends the fi-7180.  The fi-7180 comes bundled with Paperstream IP

5) We have not yet been able to determine whether Kofax VRS is supported on the fi-7180

6) We are hosted by Hyland and use Disconnected Scanning

My question is, if we purchase the fi-7180, is there a way we can get it to recognize the patch code separators while retaining the ability of our existing scanners to recognize patch codes, taking into account that we have a hosted solution?

--Jan

Jay_MacVean
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
According the Kofax scanner configuration web site, this new scanner is supported with VRS 5.1http://scadmin.kofax.com/KCSearch/Search.aspx

Kenny_Berry
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have the same question that Jan has...any thoughts?

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.